This site is owned and operated by 383 Project Ltd (hereafter referred to as “383”). Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At 383, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Information We Gather and Track
We gather two types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, content pieces and physical mailouts.
- Information we gather through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our site. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers’/users’ needs. Under no circumstances do we divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
We offer the following services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- Electronic email newsletters policy: We offer a free electronic newsletter to users. We gather the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter.
- Electronic content: Content including, but not limited to, our 10 Minute Guides, the Experience Era and The Useful Brands Playbook collect your personal information that allows us to provide the content to you via email or direct download.
- Physical publications: Our Journal magazine is a physical mailout and requires users to voluntarily provide their postal address.
- Events: We run a series of events including Canvas Conference, Breakfast Club, Dinner Club and Hydrahack. In order for us to provide updates on the frequency of these events, we require the voluntary submission of personal details including, but not limited to, email address, name, company and job title.
We track user traffic patterns throughout our site. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. We break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
We sometimes track and catalog the search terms that user’s enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our site users like and do not like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
Use of Information
We use any information voluntarily given by our users to provide access to content and to keep them informed of our products and services.
We send out our email newsletter to subscribers on a regular basis (fortnightly), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. We never share newsletter distribution lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners.
When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our site users like and do not like based on traffic to those areas, we do not track what individual users read, but rather how each page is performing. This enables us to create the best experience possible.
We create aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers, sponsors and partners on certain pages and 383 microsite (Canvas Conference). Because we do not track the usage patterns of individual users, an advertiser or sponsor will never know a specific behavior. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Retention of Information
Personal data given to us voluntarily is kept for 12 months, after which point we contact users to seek permission to continue to store and use their data. If permission is not given or no response is received, it is assumed retention is not permissible and data is purged from our database.
Access, Rectification and Deletion of Data
Any user at any point can request specific details on the data we may or may not hold for them. In the event a user wishes to have their personal data removed from 383’s database, they can request this in writing by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 383 on 0121 314 8507. Requests for data information or deletion will be actioned within 28 days.
Sharing of the Information
We use the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised individuals have access to the information provided by our customers. Our use of data is fully compliant with the requirements of EU General Data Protection Regulation and all our partners platforms whom we use to transfer and store data with also hold the required compliancy.
Opt-in / Out Policy
We give users options wherever necessary and practical.
Such choices include:
- Opting to register to receive our electronic newsletters.
- Ability to opt-out of email newsletters and other content
- To opt out of Journal magazine, contact email@example.com
By using this site, you consent to the collection and use of this information by 383.